Do you remember my last Wips post? Well, after I wrote that, my body took fright and mounted a protest. My neck made the most fuss and decided that it would force me into a crochet break! Thankfully I had just finished the beret for Abi
and the first of the shawls on my Christmas makes list. The shawl is the same colour as the one I made myself and I am still enjoying crocheting the same pattern which is surprising for me as I easily get bored of repeating the same thing over and over, I wonder if the enthusiasm will last to shawl number five?
The yarn is a delight to work even though it is lace weight, it is just so soft. (I’ts made from baby alpaca and mulberry silk.)
So, what did I do with myself? Well, the usual housework and mothering continued, all be it at a slower pace.
I gently wound some of the yarn for the other shawls despite a little neck protest,
I added a strip of scrap card to the ball band so that I could put it around the yarn cakes
I love the pattern the yarn winder makes!
I also made a few more balls of tarn
and as things improved I turned the heel on my second sock (Yay!!)
Don’t look too closely, I’m only learning!! 😉
Then there have been evening stories and cake outside by the fires Josh has made in an old barbeque.
Being a boy there is a lot of poking about in the fire and lighting sticks.
This fire burnt so hot that some of the flames were green but I couldn’t catch it on the camera.
As the wood burned it looked fascinating, almost like a fiery landscape.
Josh has decided he would like a bonfire party for his birthday this year.
There has been lots of list making, trying to get my head around all that I need to do and buy to get all my gifts made.
The scrabble letters have been back out,
sorted and measured.
I am short of a letter H but when that is rectified I can get on with these presents.
I have signed up to Sheila’s Blog Secret Santa, which I am really looking forward to.
Oooh yes, also, before I had to stop the crochet, I made a quick scarf for a niece for her 11th birthday. In honour of the effort to be more creative I made up my own pattern.
I used some yarn that I found in a charity shop, it has short bobbly sections and longer fine sections in the yarn.
I was really pleased with it and will share the pattern with you sometime.
I left the tassles long so that she could choose to cut to her own length.
I have also embroidered the faces on my mice and rabbit pyjama cases.
Just a little more embellishing and they will be finished.
Oh yes, the ‘turbie’ towels are finished too.
So hopefully a few finished objects to show you soon.
I hope you all have a very happy weekend.
I love to hear from you, so please feel free to like or leave a comment. I will try to reply as soon as possible. x